Initial Wedding Consultation
Hi my name is Karen and I am one of the Officiant of KV Officiant & Photography Services. I am a fun, but still professional. I enjoy marrying everyone, from a simple signing of a marriage license, to elaborate events, elopement, commitments or vow renewals. Whatever the couple would like, because after all it is for you.
I offer many different ceremonies to choose from... Ceremonies can be short, medium or long in length. You may have a Sand, Rose, Hand Fasting,Painting or other special ceremony incorporated as well. Non-religious, as well as traditional.
I offer a meet and greet at no extra charge to get to meet you and for you to get to know me. I will ask questions and I expect you to ask questions as well,to make certain the Wedding Ceremony is the way you envision it to be.
Not sure what to ask when we meet? The Knot has a great article: What to Ask Your Potential Officiant
Every love story has a beginning and I want to know yours. I am very interested in understanding how the two of you met, what made you fall for each other, and what has inspired you to take the next step. Our Initial Wedding Consultation is designed to let me get to know you, and for you to know me.
My free consultation sessions are not, in any way, a confirmation or promise that you will hire me, and as a matter of fact many of my customers will "interview" me, meet with other officiates, and come back excited that they have found the right provider for their wonderful day. It would be presumptuous of me to think that I am the perfect fit for every couple. That said, I am not offended if you decide not to go with me, and often times, I may be able to refer you to someone that fits your particular need or style.
What to expect?
Expect me to be myself. There will not be a hard sale of services or cost. If you would like to discuss this upfront, by all means please let me know. The purpose of the meeting is a general "meet and greet" and familiarization of each other. Don't be surprised if I ask you questions that pertain to your courtship, as I want to use this information to start planning the perfect script to write.
Sometimes through the process of talking with me you may find that the service you were looking for is not what you need. Do not worry, I will help you anyway I can, and if it is not part of the regular service I offer, I will create one just for you!
* I Welcome Everyone: Single, Divorced, LGBTQ and Couples that already have children from current or a previous relationship, as well as Married couples wanting to Renew their Vows..
* I am an Ordained Minister in the State of Mississippi. Although I am also able to perform your ceremony anywhere in the United States.
· Intimate Ceremonies
· Romantic Civil or a Religious Wedding Ceremony.
· Couples can choose their Ceremony and it's content, or let me do it all.
· Small Weddings with a few Family and Friends.
· Large Weddings with a Traditional or Non-Traditional Wedding Ceremony.
- Friendly LGBTQ Wedding Ceremonies
- Commitment Ceremonies
- Vow Renewal Ceremony
I will not turn you away due to divorce, second marriage, or children from previous relationship or because you do not belong to a church.
· Include Your Children in a Family Ceremony for a fresh beginning together as one family.
· Inter-Faith Couples blending traditions from both faiths.
I can perform Weddings at Church's, Outdoor Gazebo's, Party Center's, Country Clubs, Legion Hall's, Museum's, Theme Park's, Beaches, Your Residence, Boats or Yachts Etc, the dreams and ideas are endless.
Requirements vary from state to state, and sometime county to county. I have found a site to help you know what you need to know regardless of where you want to get married:
For those couples wishing to be married here in Mississippi
* It is the bridal couple’s responsibility to consult with their local court / city clerk to find the exact requirements for their area. The following information may change at any time. We do not accept any responsibilities for the ever changing accuracy.
* You do not need witnesses for a wedding ceremony.
* You must obtain your marriage license from the Circuit Clerk's office. I cannot provide it to you. Both parties must be present.
* It is the wedding couple’s responsibility to acquire a valid marriage license in the state where the wedding ceremony will take place and that the marriage license must be on the premises when the ceremony is performed.
* There is no waiting period in Mississippi once you buy your license. Licenses must be used within 30 days or they are void.
* You do not have to be a resident in the county or state where you plan to have your ceremony. No blood tests or other tests are required to obtain a license. The officiant has 30 days to turn in the marriage license in to the county. I usually return the marriage license the beginning of each week
Contact Me for further assistance. Be sure to browse around our site for more information and ideas.